Re: [TenTec] OT: Field Day Drill

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Field Day Drill
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:46:45 -0500
Lowering the contest power to 100 watts greatly mitigates possible inter
station interference.

We used double shielded coax this year which allowed  3 100 watt
stations to have 3 coaxes run together to exit the room at the same
window.  I did not expect it to help all that much and was using it for
the pre made lengths of it I had.  Only if the 20m phone station got
very low in the phone band did the nearby CW station seem to desense the
receiver.  That was a simple QSY to fix.  No band pass filters were
used.  Antennas were a vertical against a inverted vee about 125 feet apart.

I am certainly glad I had the chance to use double shielded coax.
The vertical had a tuner at the antenna with remote cable control, and
the doublet had a coax choke at its feedpoint, of RG8x

-Stuart Rohre
K5KVH