Re: [TenTec] OT: Looking for good starter HF transceiver

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Looking for good starter HF transceiver
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 00:58:33 -0400
I agree.   If you have only $500, you cannot take too big a risk.

I add, without contradicting Geoffrey, that Burghardt Radio Repair often
has used, certified radios, sometimes TT, as well here:
http://www.burghardt-amateur.com/

Maybe he will see something on the QRZ.com reflector... TT guys
generally take good care of their stuff, so patience should pay off in
the long run.

Good luck getting him outfitted.

On 7/17/2012 8:47 AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> IMHO no matter how good their intentions are, I think he would be better
> off spending $450 for the radio and $50 shipping from them, than buying
> a $500 radio from a local ham.

\\,