Re: [TenTec] signal link

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] signal link
From: "Robert Mcgraw" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 08:06:27 -0500 (CDT)
Don't see any reason "why not".   The Signal Link should supply audio to
the AUX LINE input and take audio from the AUX LINE OUTPUT.  The PTT
command is also on the same connector.  I recall other reports indicating
that jumpers in the Signal Link must be configured correctly for all of
this to take place.

As to data for logging, frequency control and such, this is available on
the RS-232 connector and will have to be de-coded/interfaced by the
software application.  If the application supports the Omni VII then all
is well.  Since I don't use WriteLog or DX4WIN, can't say.

For radio control, I do use HRD with DM780 and it works really well.  For
audio, I use the 712 interface.

73
Bob