Re: [TenTec] Orion and QSK-5 Switch

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion and QSK-5 Switch
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 18:08:13 -0500
I have a very early AL-80A (S/N 0095) in which I also had a very
early internal QSK-5 switch (S/N 0005). I had similar problems with
it, but finally got it under control by increasing the reverse bias
current in the PIN diodes. However, about a year ago, the  old
internal QSK-5 finally developed a non-repairable problem, so I
purchased the new version of the internal QSK-5 switch. Its operation
has been absolutely flawless from the moment I installed it.

At least for me, it's been free of any problems.

Kim N5OP