Re: [TenTec] New TT Amp

To: Shawn Upton <kb1ckt@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New TT Amp
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py2@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 14:53:03 -0400
Back in the 1980's, I used to run an HW-8 mobile.  This is a two watt CW
only direct conversion radio.  For a stretch of time, almost everyday I
would work a European while driving to work.  I had a homebrew 6 foot
whip made by winding 24 gauge enamel wire on a 6 foot thin fiberglass
rod.  It wasn't much of an antenna and 2 watts isn't much power, but
somehow it worked.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Dr.
Hays, NC 28635