Re: [TenTec] Audio Pad for RX-340 -> Laptop?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Audio Pad for RX-340 -> Laptop?
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 07:50:43 -0500
Scott, usually an L pad made of two resistors will likely work.  I suggest
starting with a 10K series and a 1K shunt on the line from the receiver to
the laptop.  The 1K value should be on the end to or at the laptop.  If that
doesn't provide adequate attenuation, increase the series resistor.  I've
made several of these and have found the space inside a sleeved RCA type
connector adequate to put  the two 1/8 watt axial lead R's.

73
Bob, K4TAX