[TenTec] Cramolin, etc.

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Cramolin, etc.
From: "Mike Hyder -N4NT-" <Mike_N4NT@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 10:03:18 -0400
Cramolin was manufactured by Caig Laboratories. Ten-Tec used two iterations,
the Red can was the contact cleaner and the Blue can was the
lubricant/preservative. They still make similar stuff.

Current Equivalents:
Old Red Can = DeoxIT® DN5 Spray
Old Blue Can = DeoxIT® SHIELD SN5 Spray

It is IMPORTANT to note that each formulation has the letter "N" in its part
number.  That denotes the Non drip - Quick Dry Sprays which are SAFE ON
PLASTICS.

Here is a product info sheet:  http://bit.ly/PfCV9u  I suggest you avoid
their "Standard Sprays," which can attack plastics.

You can order from their store at http://store.caig.com/ but there is a $25
minimum. Other places sell it but one can of each will come to a bit over
$25 and used properly will last through the lifetime of your grandchildren.

Sorry to have posted information when it seems to really irritate some old
codgers on the reflector and I said I wouldn't.

73, Mike Hyder  -N4NT-