Re: [TenTec] Cramolin - besides waste, why ?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Cramolin - besides waste, why ?
From: "Robert Mcgraw" <rmcgraw@blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 15:39:39 -0500 (CDT)
It can get conductive {as one other person posted} and being somewhat
"greasy" can attract dirt.  I've seen areas on PCB's that have formed
some type of "green growth" indicative of oxidation or chemical reaction
with the underlying copper.

If you want to wash components and boards, there's special cleaners for
this application.  Surgical grade alcohol in a spray bottle is good for
de-contaminating boards.  Also, a 50% solution of 409 and distilled water
works.  Just be sure to use warm air from a hair dryer to dry things off.
 No air compressors and high pressure air as this can force any liquid
into components, switches, controls and such.

73
Bob, K4TAX