Re: [TenTec] Station power supply??

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Station power supply??
From: "Ralph" <w8bvh@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 17:45:24 -0400
Why??
Ralph Howes
w8bvh

----- Original Message ----- From: "Donnie" <cfzepp@gmail.com>
To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 4:14 PM

Mike:
I do believe that from the original Paragon and newer models such as the
Omni V, Paragon II, Omni 6 the use of the Airpax breaker is no longer
needed.

Donnie / WA9TGT
On Sep 4, 2012 4:04 PM, "Mike Bryce" <prosolar@sssnet.com> wrote:

Of course, when running ten tec transceivers, the use of a non factory
supply increases the need for an air pax fast acting circuit breaker to
protect the rig's final transistors.

Mike wb8vge

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 4, 2012, at 2:36 PM, Kimberly Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> FAR Circuits still offers their "RF Proof 30 A Power Supply" regulator
board.
> It's only the PCB -- you need to find the parts and stuff the board.
It's based
> on an article in the 1988 ARRL Handbook. I built one for my 30 A Astron
PS when