[TenTec] F/S OMNI V with options but needs help

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] F/S OMNI V with options but needs help
From: David Cuttler <davidcuttler@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 08:39:37 -0700 (PDT)
I am selling my OMNI V with the following options:
N4PY OMNI V.92 chip (also Original Ten Tec chip)
1.8 kHz filter in 2nd IF
500 Hz CW filter in 2nd IF
New uncut power cord with snap-pac breaker
Factory operator manual with all inserts and diagrams
New Orange trim ring for the tuning knob

Last weekend while operating on 10 meters, I heard a "pop," and lost power on
both 10 & 12 meters. It also quit receiving on all bands.
There is full power out on all the other bands and everything else functions,
as it should. I studied the manual, and have narrowed it down to the output
filter board where there are a group of pi networks switched by pairs of small
reed relays. This board also handles the T/R switching from the antenna. I
believe it will take 2 or 3 relays to fix it, but I do not have a 5V supply to
test the board. I could cobble something up, but I really do not have the time
or inclination to take on another project so I am going to sell it as-is with
everything listed above.

I did remove the filter board, and I can either replace it or leave it out
which would make it easier for the guy who works on it. I took some digital
pictures to show where the coax connections are soldered.

The wireing diagram in the manual, and online are not correct for this filter
board which is the latest version. I called Ten Tec who sent me the correct
drawing which I printed, and will be included.

I will take $350.00 for everything plus actual cost of shipping it to your Zip
code in the factory box. This is a very good deal, because if you sold the
filters, and V.92 chip, you would be in the rig for less than $200.00. I
considered parting it out, which would bring me way more money than selling it
complete, but it is just too nice a rig (9 out of 10) to sell for parts.

I will take paypal or whatever you have, but just nothing to delay the deal.

If I do not get any response on this forum or the Yahoo Group, it will go to
QTH and Ebay or I may part it out. Ugh!

Please respond off list.

Regards,
David - KE6YX