[TenTec] Keying loop has glitch when using Rx Ant

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Keying loop has glitch when using Rx Ant
From: "John K Gotwals" <john@gotwals.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 14:38:22 -0400
I am using an Orion with Version 3.032 firmware to drive an Acom 1000 amplifier. I have just added a Pixel Technologies RF Pro-1B magnetic loop to my station and connected the loop antenna to the Rx Ant RCA jack on the back of the Orion. I am using a keying loop connection between the Orion and Acom.

I have just noticed that when the RxAnt button is activated, there is an RF power surge from the Orion's output when the Tune button is pressed the second time (to end the tuning phase). This does not happen if the receive antenna input is not being used (the RxAnt light is off). I have eliminated the problem by reverting from a keying loop connection between the Orion and Acom to the simpler connection consisting of connecting the Amp Key jack on the Orion to the Key In jack on the Acom. Of course when I revert back to the one wire connection between the Orion and the Acom, I have to turn off the keying loop in the Orion's menu.

Has anyone else had this problem?

John, N9JG