Re: [TenTec] Orion firmware (was Hamfest)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion firmware (was Hamfest)
From: Gene Story <gfstory@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 13:53:12 -0700
Hi Rick. I am also running latest V3 firmware;. Everything from my perspective is running perfectly and all of John Henry's V3.x work made my rig seem like I just swapped a new rig on my desk. Lov'in the SAF feature. With the heavy QRM on the TEN-TEC net today, the filters in the Orion and the SAF feature with judicious control of RF Gain all combined to allow pleasant NET participation from up here in the Northwest.

I think Ray may be referring to some issues he or someone else is having that John Henry apparently indicated he would put into another revision someday. Even if the issue is simple, it does not happen without a lot of time put in to make sure the result(s) do not come at the expense of some other function. Given the amount of work to do on other projects, unfortunately even the simple tasks sometimes get pushed back.

Gene  /  K7TXO