Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec; They make one heck of a solid state PA

To: wa3fiy@radioadv.com, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec; They make one heck of a solid state PA
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 14:54:59 -0500
*Don't know about the High Class Operator part ! I can however testify to
the times that I didn't switch over to Dummy Load and worry like a Mad Man
because a Thunderstorm came from nowhere while I was out somewhere. I lived
in Florida for several years where it comes some kind of Rain or
Thunderstorm every afternoon. Just a good habit that I got into. In 35
years there has only been one Lightning related event that caused harm to
the station. Do you remember the Heathkit and also Yaesu rig that was
called The Plastic Radio? Maybe that storm did me a favor........... Thanks
for the complement but High Class .... just don't sound right when talking
about this old Hillbilly. I have been caught a couple of times with the
Audio turned down and Thinking I was on the Dummy Load. HELLLL>>>>OOOOO
 TEST TEST ... WHISTLE....  And it sure is Embarrassing......*
*                                                    73 de Wade/KJ4WS
*