Re: [TenTec] OT: Question about TS-590 possible problem

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Question about TS-590 possible problem
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 02:06:21 -0400

On 10/6/2012 10:55 PM, Don Jones wrote:

I was reading the contesting section of the ON4UN low band DX'ing book and
see that a pair of 1/4 wave stubs separated by a 1/4 wave of coax makes for
a highly effective bandpas filter. If they have 3 spare 1/4 sections of
RG213 for 20M they could fabricate a very effective bandpass filter.

        Hmmmm....  interesting tidbit, Don.   I think I
        will dig out my copy and do some reading
        Sunday afternoon.

Sounds like they need a little mentoring regarding
contest band plans and asset allocation for successful contesting.

        I take the point, but these guys have been
        doing well in contests for a very long time,
        and it will be difficult to change their
        habits.   We set a record in a couple of
        smaller contests, so we can do OK when
        we want to.

        The issue is not between bands, but the CW
        guys with K3s complaining they can sometimes
        hear the SSB guys on TT gear on the SAME BAND.
        I would love to solve the problem without
        starting a brand loyalty range war.

        Also, I am the newest, youngest member,
        so I gotta be right and well prepared to make
        any headway... I have a lot of tradition
        and experience to overcome if I propose any
        changes.

..