[TenTec] Orion II: nothing at startup

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II: nothing at startup
From: John K3GHH <k3ghh@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 08:57:06 -0500
Several times in the past few days my O2 (firmware 3.028) has had no transmit output, and no audio output except faint background hiss, when I first turn it on. The paddles produce a nice sidetone, but neither the Orion's nor the antenna tuner's meter moves.

So far, at least, switching the Orion's power off and then back on has restored operability (e.g., the tuner's meter shows forward power 115w on 80m CW). I just checked the power supply (it's on the floor under the desk) and found its meter showing 13v --- lower than I thought but not likely the source of this problem. Obviously I'd rather not have to rely on the off-on "fix." Any suggestions?

--
John K3GHH