Re: [TenTec] 566 v3.029 and 707 Regal mic

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 566 v3.029 and 707 Regal mic
From: Rsoifer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 14:24:52 -0500 (EST)
Tnx Barry.  When I go from 3900 to 3000 Hz I lose a litle treble response,
but the main thing that goes down is the hiss.  For SSB, it's probably a
good trade-off.  I then tried  -10 dB EQ, and the result is very tinny audio.
I'm sure you're right -- it's the mic.  For the 707, T-T recommends 0 dB.

On AM, I rescued my old FT-102 from the storeroom and mostly find myself
using it these days (on 10 meters).  That and my old 75S-1 make a nice AM
station.  I use the O2 when I want to drive a linear, though, because its
controlled carrier makes it amp-friendly.

73 Ray