Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec 253 Question

To: Ten-Tec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec 253 Question
From: Rick W <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 12:35:01 -0800 (PST)
The 253 manual shows the tuner hooked up with a Herc II for auto band switching
of both the Herc and the 253.  It also shows the Titan amp hookup as well  as a
generic hookup for "other amps".

So in summary the Omni V will band-switch the tuner BUT, unlike the
broad-banded Herc II, you'll need to turn the bandswitch and tune the 422.

The 253 manual is on the T-T site:
 http://www.tentec.com/pages/Obsolete-Manual-Downloads.html

Unlike modern tuners, it remembers only one frequency per band.  BUT it is a
great tuner.  I have replaced mine with a 229A manual tuner since installing my
SteppIR.  I use the 229 on 80 and 40 and the 253 is currently surplus to my
needs.

Thanks.

73,
Rick