Re: [TenTec] Omni V Sick...any thoughts?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni V Sick...any thoughts?
From: Josh Hatton <w4zzk73@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 23:29:14 -0600
Wow... I moved the TR Switch on the back to RX and it operates EXCELLENT
without the attenuator on!

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 11:40 PM, Ralph Matheny K8RYU <mathenyr@marietta.edu
> wrote:

> I chased a similar problem in my Omni-V a few years back.  It turned
> out to be a TR switch problem. You can test this idea by pulling the
> input to the Rx board, or even switching to the Rx antenna using the
> slide switch on the back panel.
>
> As I remember, the circuit uses a little RF from the Tx signal to
> make a voltage to cut off the diodes fully.  I think I found that
> even lead dress around the LPF board and PA module had a lot of
> effect upon the performance of the TR switch.  I'm sorry that I
> don't remember more specifics and I didn't make notes.  I suspect
> that a few well placed ferrite beads may make the thing a bit less
> fussy.
>
> My fix, as I remember, was to get the drawing for the Omni-VI
> and make the TR switch look like that model.  I have done that
> with a lot of circuits in my O-V and have had generally good
> luck in doing so.  There are not a lot of changes between the
> O-V and the O-VI but they are in a sense "perfections" of a
> pretty dern good design.
>
> de K8RYU

***Many Thanks!*
*
"Serving Among & Beyond Northwest Alabama!"*
Josh Hatton, Owner/Engineer
www.srproshoals.com
(256) 762-6691
*Find us on Facebook!*

**This transmission may include privileged and confidential information.
It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is
the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.**