Re: [TenTec] Fair Market Price for filters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fair Market Price for filters
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 10:22:36 +0000
On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <RMcGraw@blomand.net>wrote:

> add 5 filters at an average of $80 each on the auction market,

I wanted to respond specifically to the issue of used filters.  Those used
6.3Mhz filters out there are up to 30 years old and the 9Mhz filters can be
even older.  Some of them still work quite well, some of them don't.  I
wouldn't pay more than $50 for a used filter unless the passband response
and gain were tested by the seller, or the seller agreed I could return it
if I wasn't happy with it.

73,
Barry N1EU