[TenTec] dedicated laptop for ham programs, rig control

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] dedicated laptop for ham programs, rig control
From: "denton" <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 10:34:32 -0800
Hi all...
I am getting ready to set up a laptop for ham radio software and rig control only. I do not want to run any kind of antivirus progam on the dedicated laptop..and do not want it connected to the internet, for other than program upgrades and registration.
The pc has vista installed...but can set it up with windoz 7...
Is there any problem running mixw on the dedicated laptop while it is registered on the main pc? I am using rigexpert standard as the interface, N4PY rig control software for the Orion and Omni VII.