[TenTec] OMNI-VII erratic TUNE / PWR

To: "TenTec Reflector" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI-VII erratic TUNE / PWR
From: GARY HUBER <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 10:33:25 -0600
Last night while operating in the 160M CW contest,  the TUNE and PWR buttons of
my OMNI-VII were erratic and difficult to get to work, requiring many presses
to engage or disengage.

After reloading the radio update files several times, I started operating all
buttons and switches to see if I could wipe the problem away. When I operated
the MULTI control by pressing and releasing it several times, the TUNE and PWR
buttons started operating normally. Switches need period exercise to keep the
contact resistance low.

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M