[TenTec] Yaesu comparison

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Yaesu comparison
From: Floyd Sense <floyd@k8ac.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 19:05:54 -0500
I've nothing to add to the FT5K - O2 roofing filter discussion, but currently have an O2 which replaced an FT5K I had for a short time. If you're a CW operator contemplating an FT5K replacement for your O2, you really need to look closely at the transmit side of things. The issue is with the CW keying waveforms and timing - don't make any judgements by just listening to the FT5K sidetone. That bears little relationship to what's going out the coax. Instead, listen to the output on another receiver. No need to go into detail here, but you might be amazed at what you hear. The O2 wins hands down on a transmit comparison.

73, K8AC