[TenTec] Paragon 585 help

Subject: [TenTec] Paragon 585 help
From: Bryan Lee Cornwell <blcornwell@k2blc.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 17:46:50 -0500
Hello Everyone

I need some help repairing a Paragon 585
It has full output on 40 meters (100 w)...all the other bands range from 3 watts to 25 watts

The RF voltage from the 2nd mixer board is roughly the same on all bands as measured with a Heath VTVM and RF probe

I've checked continuity on the low pass filter board and all seems OK as I cycle thru the bands.....board removed and checked the continuity of the coils. No relays seem to be shorted open or closed.

Maybe a better testing method of the low pass filter board ???

Receive seems fine on ALL bands...shortwave, ham, everything

Thanks in advance guys

Lee

--
Bryan Lee Cornwell