Re: [TenTec] Help wi TT 280ps

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Help wi TT 280ps
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 00:51:40 -0600
If the Pass transistors are getting hot, I would suggest you check across
the positive and negative output leads with the supply unplugged. If you
see Zero Ohms or a Short then it is probably the Crowbar SCR Shorted or
something in that area. Check the voltage going into the control element of
the Crowbar SCR. You could try removing the positive voltage lead from the
Crowbar SCR and firing the supply up for a second to see if the 13.8 volts
is there. It sounds as if you are on the right track. The Pass Transistors
are not getting Hot without reason.

    Wade/KJ4WS