Re: [TenTec] Open wire line

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Open wire line
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 18:20:56 -0600
I've found that C PVC works well for spacers. It stands up to extended UV exposure a well.

I suggest testing any material you intend to use for spacers to determine if the material is suitable for an RF environment. The test is easy. Put a drinking glass filled about 1/2 full of water in the microwave. Then beside the glass put the material to be evaluated. Turn on the MW on for 60 secs. The water should boil or be near boiling. Carefully pick up the material being evaluated. If it is warm to hot, forget it. If it is room temperature it's OK.

73
Bob, K4TAX

DISCLOSURE:
This is to inform all persons, I am a Tentec Ambassador and I receive
compensation according to the Tentec Ambassador program.  In addition, I
serve as a volunteer beta test person to Tentec for the Omni VII, Eagle
and Argonaut VI radios.  I hold no employment relationship, no financial
interests nor do I conduct any commercial business, direct or indirect,
with Tentec.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Huffman" <hjohnc@gmail.com>