Re: [TenTec] LAST WORD ON ORLANDO HAMFEST

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] LAST WORD ON ORLANDO HAMFEST
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:10:25 -0600
Personally, I don't give a rats pa-toot if Ten-Tec ever shows up at a
Hamfest . They make a Great Product Line which works well and their Support
has no equal. If, I had the money ... they would send me any radio they
make for a No Questions Ask 30 day trial. Just guessing of course but, I
would bet that not many radio's are sent back during the 30 day trial
looking for a refund.  All I can do is admire the new Ten-Tec gear owned by
friends as my bank balance never sees enough to get into a new rig. My Omni
D and both Paragons are working just fine. And if, I do have a problem
..... someone at the factory is just a phone call away. Please, don't get
me started on the Nightmare I have had in ordering a simple optical encoder
for my FT-897D. After THREE attempts to get the correct part, at a cost of
over $ 50.00. I had given up. This is the secondary encoder used for the
menu's. Now after owning the radio for a year, the correct encoder was
found on Ebay for $ 7.99 and $ 7.00 Shipping from China. Wow, no longer
have to wedge a screwdriver in there to change menu options. Had the radio
been sporting a Ten-Tec name plate. It would have been a simple call to
John Henry or any of the others and the part would have been in my mailbox
in a couple of days. Gigaparts sent me the wrong part 3 times. How silly is
that? I say that keeping up with the rest of the pack is not a good thing
sometimes. Just allow Ten-Tec to do business as they see fit and keep
offering the Fantastic Products and Serving. OOps .... I just fell off of
my soap box .....I think I will continue playing with my Freshly Rebuilt
Hot Water 101 Heathkit .... Another fine American made product. I sure do
miss Heathkit. Lets keep Ten-Tec strong with all the support that we can
muster. On the chance that someone else needs the Optical Encoder for the
Yaesu FT-897D, see the link below. Maybe a bit off topic but, lots of these
radio's are running around wounded and need one......
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251225478012

  73 to all cul de Wade/KJ4WS