Re: [TenTec] Hamfests in general

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Hamfests in general
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 13:48:45 -0500
Yes, but you may still owe USE TAX to your home state on purchases made over the Internet and through mail order houses. You really don't escape the tax, entirely. It can exceed the sales tax, depending on what states we are talking about.

Most guys do not pay any attention to Use Tax. It can be the first thing an auditor points to when going over your returns, suggesting you are cheating... read about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_tax