Re: [TenTec] TEN-TEC SSB NETS TOMORROW

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TEN-TEC SSB NETS TOMORROW
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 02:18:07 -0500
I am kinda confused. As part of a team that holds a record in the Michigan QSO party, I thought I understood how these QSO Parties work. I cannot imagine how they could conduct a state QSO Party on a single frequency, unless its was sort of a dud. I presume it works like the Michigan and Ohio QSO Parties, in that the entire band could be consumed by a myriad of operators - they won't be confined to just one frequency.

So why the fuss? How is this different from any other Sunday? At any time, the frequency could be in use by other operators, QSO Party or not, and if someone is working our frequency, either they QSY to another frequency, or we do. We could encounter this problem at any time on any day.

Please, I am a relatively new guy on the team, asking a serious question. This is not a flame or critical argument. Am I missing something here? Is this really such a special case ?

Thank you.