Re: [TenTec] Just saying...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Just saying...
From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:12:35 -0600 (CST)
Bob (et al),

Not wanting to veer too far off topic, BUT... it happens all the time.

Just imagine what Bill W3WH & I go through, considering we live about 20 miles
apart and are both very active. (And both Ten Tec Omni VI+ users -- see! TT
connection)

We won't even factor in W3WC, who lives north of us, and is semi-active... and
so on, and so on.

People make copying errors in the heat of the moment, in static, under QRM, and
so forth. So when I get a card that's clearly not a QSO I made, I return it
with the appropriate notations.

Worst case of this I ever had... and the op even argued about it with me
afterwards... was a QSL I got for a Pa QSO Party contact. And yes, I'd made the
contact... BUT, I'd been operating at the N3SH club station. Op insisted that
since he worked ME, even though it was under the club call (and wasn't at my
QTH, it was at N3XI's former home), he wanted a QSL card from me -- under my
call. (He didn't work my station, so he didn't get it. Sorry.)

73, ron w3wn