Re: [TenTec] Herc II vs Astron

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Herc II vs Astron
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 21:07:55 +0000
N6KB beat me to it!

My schematics show nowhere the 4 supplies are connected together; but you do need a fifth, low current, supply to power the DC distribution board in the amplifier. In the 9420 they derive that supply - and the one to power a separate transceiver - from the four main 14v rails through a couple of full-wave bridge rectifiers. The bridge rectifiers ensure they don't inadvertently "parallel" the four main supplies.

I wonder how you are providing that fifth supply?

Steve G3TXQ