[TenTec] Corsair II vs Omni C

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II vs Omni C
From: "Curt" <rhulett1@consolidated.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 21:23:46 -0600
A recently acquired Corsair II seems to have a lot more receiver noise than an Omni C. My impression from reading is that this is a consequence of the additional IF to provide PBT, and the type of AF op amps used. I've also seen some references to but no details of modifications that decrease this noise.

Also, the N.B. function on mine doesn't seem to accomplish anything. Again, my impression is that this is because these only work on ignition noise pulses and not on atmospheric broadband "white" noise.

Any comments would be appreciated.

73, Curt KB5JO