Re: [TenTec] FW: Corsair vs Corsair II

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FW: Corsair vs Corsair II
From: "Jerry Haigwood" <jerry@w5jh.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 15:01:18 -0500
Hi Steve,
    I agree with you.  I don't quite understand what is going on with the
convoluted Bridge-Tee diplexer on the Corsair II.  A properly designed
Bridge-Tee diplexer with a Q of 1 would have L5, L6 of 0.88 uHy with C15,
C16 having values of 354 pF.  I could understand TenTec using a Q different
than 1 but from looking at their values, it appears they are concerned with
terminating frequencies below 88 KHz.  Like you stated we have no way of
figuring out what they are passing but one would figure they want to pass 9
MHz.  If I had some extra time, maybe I could build a proper Bridge-Tee
diplexer and try it out.  However, I am not sure how to make any definitive
measurements since the Corsair II already has excellent dynamic range.
Jerry W5JH