Re: [TenTec] Need 962 diagram

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Need 962 diagram
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 21:35:17 -0500
Correction on my part. As I had a 962 to repair this evening, I remembered that procedure I had given is for the 961 power supply where the filter is mounted on a angle bracket. The 962 has the filters on a PC board. Do make sure the screws are tight where the PC board is mounted. Also check to see that the screws are tight holding the power transformer.

In my case the bridge rectifier was shorted thus immediately blowing a fuse on power up. Replaced the bridge and all was well. Took about 10 minutes to get it out and put in a new one.

73
Bob, K4TAX

.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>