Re: [TenTec] Fw: Need Caps for Titan II Please

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>, "'Bob Good'" <k4bg@planters.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fw: Need Caps for Titan II Please
From: "Marshall Stewart" <marsh@ka5m.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:47:12 -0500
The Ten-Tec 416 Titan II manual does not give too much info about C6 and C8
on the Load Shunt Board except that they are 320pf.  Ten-Tec should be able
to give you the minimum voltage rating required.  Failing that, a ceramic
disc capacitor rated at least 3500V might be a reasonable place to start.

Mouse Part # 75-564R60GAT33 is 330pf (no 320 available) ceramic disc rated
at 6000V.  ($0.73 each)

Then, what is the complex impedance at the station end of the transmission
line to your 80M antenna?  C6 and C8 are only used on 80M.  What are you
asking your amp to work into?

I hope some of this helps.

73,
Marsh, KA5M