Re: [TenTec] OT: THHN Wire in Germany

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: THHN Wire in Germany
From: "Paul Kraemer" <elespe@lisco.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 08:11:33 -0500
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:15 AM

Comment.....unproven.....leave the insulation on the wire. It serves to prevent oxidation of the copper, to which oxidation provides a higher skin resistance than bare clean copper.

I use #12 AWG solid for my antennas and #10 AWG solid would likely be better, although heavier and a bit more costly, but being less likely to stretch with snow and ice.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Clayton Brantley" <clayton_n4ev@yahoo.com>