Re: [TenTec] OT: THHN Wire in Germany

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: THHN Wire in Germany
From: "Paul Kraemer" <elespe@lisco.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 09:39:26 -0500
Rick
You are fortunate to be home to two of the finest wire and cable companies
worldwide. Lapp and Olflex. I believe they are merged but still maintain
their individual names.
They manufacture many wire and cable types but do particularly well in the
extra flexible robotics wire with many strands of very fine wire.  Example a
2.5mm wire composed of approximately 150 strands of fine wire. The oil and
chemical resistance of the insulation would likely be superior to THHN.
Although I haven't been following the thread, if I were looking for antenna
wire I would give preference to wire of that type in the 1.5mm or 2.5mm
size.  I have seen manufaturers of multi band wire type antennas use it
and claim superior results over ordinary THHN. The price certainly implies
that anyway
If you want a couple inch sample of any type wire mailed please let me know
Paul K0UYA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>