Re: [TenTec] message Steve Miller

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] message Steve Miller
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 14:35:17 -0500
Be careful clicking on links even if you do have good antivirus etc.
protection. Look up "Zero day exploit" if you want to see what I mean.

There was an article on the IBM Developerworks site (unfortunately now moved
or deleted from where it was about 10 years ago) which quoted Andy Grove's
famous quip and applied it to computer security: "Only the paranoid survive."
I think that's good advice. If you want to play with questionable links build
a disk image for a spare machine and then re-image any time there's suspicion
that something has compromised your system. That or running in a virtual
machine are the methods malware researchers generally use.

Just my $0.02 worth....

73, Al