Re: [TenTec] Amplifier Question

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Amplifier Question
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 18:10:43 -0400
On 6/26/2013 2:01 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:

IMO, once you reach the point of max power out, you should back off the load
control just a tiny little bit , while carefully observing the power out.  At
the first sign that backing off the load begins to drop the output power,
LEAVE IT THERE.  That's the sweet spot.

        This is exactly the sort of brief, but pithy
        and pointed directions they should include in
        the user manual.  It would not take long, and
        it would say so much more than merely telling me
        the meter is a grid current meter and I don't
        want it to exceed a certain level.  Telling me
        (like this) which knobs to turn, and in what order,
        to get to a certain result is so much more helpful.

        Thanks.