Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 situation

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion 2 situation
From: "Lee WA3FIY" <wa3fiy@radioadv.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 12:46:01 -0400
On 1 Jul 2013 at 9:12, denton sprague wrote:

> I would love to see TT bring back a refined Pegasus!

I'd vote for that!    :-)

I doubt that will happen, although they could reduce the cost of the radio by
eliminating the
control panel and displays.  Maybe design their next high end rig like the
Jupiter which could
run in Pegasus Emulation mode or front panel mode.  Offer a version without
front panel.
Would be less expensive but maybe not sufficiently less expensive to make it
attractive.
Dunno.  I do know that the Pegasus (along with N4PY control software)  is very
smooth and
responsive and is a joy to operate and is still a decent performer.   I have a
Omni VI/3 and
Orion classic here and the Pegasus is still my daily driver.

Ah....it's fun to speculate while we are waiting.   :-)

73,

-Lee-

WA3FIY