Re: [TenTec] OCF antennas evolution

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OCF antennas evolution
From: k6jek <k6jek@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 21:27:02 -0700
Gosh. In the midst of the OCF discussion one of the answers for where to use a
4:1 balun just has to be for an OCF dipole. Most people now feed them at the
200 ohm point with a 4:1 Balun. There is even a favorite:

http://www.balundesigns.com/servlet/the-75/OCF-balun-4-cln-1/Detail

I have wound a few baluns and ununs but none were any prettier than that,
cheaper maybe but not prettier.

After that a common mode choke and maybe another common mode choke somewhere
else down the line.
I've just been reading this stuff. I haven't had an OCF in at least a decade.

Jon