[TenTec] enjoyability is job one

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] enjoyability is job one
From: John Rippey <w3uls73@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 10:37:18 -0400
As has been noted, Rob Sherwood emphasizes that one must like one's rig
first and foremost. With that in mind, I am seriously considering making my
Argosy 525 (analog) the go-to rig when I operate portable, which is seldom.
Ten watts or 50, and with its filters it seems to handle multiple signals
OK. With power supply, it's heavy and I'm trying to figure out packaging
options.

On a more serious level, don't forget the new criterion for many
applications is reciprocal mixing, IMD3 not so much.

73,

John, W3ULS