Re: [TenTec] A 6 Meter Titan?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] A 6 Meter Titan?
From: Mike K9UW <k9uw@wi-net.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:35:06 -0500

Alpha built a small number of amps for use in commercial and medical
research, using the 76A design platform. The front panel was labeled 76A
but the literature described it as a "Chemagnetics Power Amplifier
3080". The band switch was labeled 1-6 and the specs said it covered
28-82MHz. It has a maximum output of 400w at a 20% duty cycle. Our local
club is in possession of one, and hopes to sell it to someone.

I wonder
if TenTec ventured into that same market?

73, de Mike, K9UW
Amherst,
WI

On Jul 15, 2013, Paul Gentry wrote:

> Looks like a low band
commercial amp Ten Tec manufactured. It is factory
> but may not be
factory tuned for 6.

PM, Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3vaw@verizon.net>wrote:

>> There's a recent
post over on that infamous auction site for what is allegedly a "one of
a kind" 6 meter (only) Titan amp. Has anyone heard of such a thing...
from the factory, at least? My suspicion is that someone hacked up a
Titan as a 6 Meter only amp... the fact that there's no model number on
the front, and no factory ID on the back (although you can see where a
picture was removed) makes me...curious. Anyone know if this is "legit"?
Or someone's individual handiwork? 73, ron w3wn

Links:
------