Re: [TenTec] equipment storage?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] equipment storage?
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 15:39:27 -0500
*Hello Brother Firefighter,*
*                              Yes, an enclosure made of sheetrock would
give pretty good fire protection. I believe that I could find some way to
get the boards for the Orion. Just too good a radio to sit idle. Could the
boards affected be repaired at the component level? Sure wish I had an
extra $400.00 to gamble with! I have gotten really Lucky in the past. Was
this due to a surge caused by lightning or what? Money is so scarce at this
QTH, that we always run out of money before we run out of month!*
*                              One of the primary things taught, was to try
and place a Wall of Water between yourself and the fire, using the fog
spray/nozzle setting. I have seen the main flame extinguished in a matter
of seconds. The job is not finished until all the hotspots are taken care
of though. What I was amazed to see one night, was a Volunteer Captain who
thought he could attack a fully involved Quad Runner, with a 3" line and
about 90 PSI.. All 4 of the Magnesium wheels were fully involved also. Best
fireworks show that I never want to see again. EVER !! Just give me a
Nickel for every rookie mistake I have seen. Also, I made quite a few
myself.*
*                             Wade/KJ4WS*