Re: [TenTec] Adapting a Kenwood mic to Ten Tec Scout

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Adapting a Kenwood mic to Ten Tec Scout
From: Richards <jrichards@k8jhr.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 22:25:04 -0400

On 7/26/2013 5:24 PM, Stuart Rohre wrote:
  What I did for a similar case was to buy
an inline female connector, and cross wire it with Scout mail connector.
  That way, you keep the Scout standard Ten Tec Scout.  you can use
short hookup wire of a couple of inches or even a four conductor
shielded cable if you have it.

        This mirrors my own suggestion to make an
        adapter patch cable with a very short bit
        of shielded 4-conductor cable, rather than
        permanently alter the microphone, itself.

It is good to make a drawing of the above chart connections to help you
visualize.  Also, be aware the numbering of the connectors may be
clockwise on one and counterclockwise on the other.

        As a headset and microphone junkie, I wire up
        microphones quite often... and I find drawing and
        charting the connections from one to the other are
        INDISPENSABLE for making SHORT AND ACCURATE work
        of it.

Just MY take...