Re: [TenTec] Herc 2 LP Cap?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Herc 2 LP Cap?
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:31:06 -0500
Hello Again John,
                            That's the Legendary Ten Tec Service, of which
I spoke. So you will know. I had an issue with an 100 Pf Cap in one of my
Amps recently. It also was 100 Pf and in the plate circuit of the tubes.
This capacitor was rated at 6 Kilovolt. And was replaced by a New one,
which came to me New and at about half the size of the original. So far
there have been no Mushroom Clouds screaming towards the ceiling and as a
matter of fact. This particular SB-220 Amp is my Daily Driver, for calling
the several Nets I do each week. A typical Net lasts about an hour and I do
not drive the Amp really hard. My main concern now is in making the 3-500ZG
tubes last a good long time. I have no concerns about my replacement
Capacitor. Please, keep us all posted with your results!
                                                73 from Wade/KJ4WS