Re: [TenTec] Herc 2 LP Cap?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Herc 2 LP Cap?
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 12:43:02 -0700
The caps on this data sheet are rated for 50VDC or 500VDC. I see nothing that indicates they are designed to handle power. Are these in the input circuit or the output circuit?

Data sheets for caps designed to handle significant current and will say so, and will talk about low ESR, or have graphs showing current ratings.

About a year ago, I bought 18 of this sort of cap to build W3NQN filters conservatively rated for 200W. I paid an average of about $4 for a wide range of values, some larger, some smaller, than 100 pF. They came from a vendor in the UK, where Bob, 5B4AGN found them.

73, Jim K9YC