Re: [TenTec] Rebel

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Rebel
From: Dale Barrett <dale@alberlynn.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 15:07:16 -0500
On 9/5/2013 9:21 AM, Frank Kirschner wrote:
As someone who predicted technology advances and failures for a living, and was
usually right, I would say the Rebel is one small step for a ham, one giant
leap for ham-kind.

This will help bring into ham radio the computer-literate young people of
today. These are the people who, if this were the 1950s and 1960s, would have
come into amateur radio because it was the main venue for experimentation and
technology in communications. This is great, not only for enticing new blood
into ham radio, but for bringing a test bed and production environment to those
who will develop new control and signal processing software. Imagine what
displays, signal processing, and functions these kids will create!

Ten Tec should get a medal, or at least, special recognition from ARRL.

73,
Frank
KF6E