Re: [TenTec] Value of RX Only Antennas

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Value of RX Only Antennas
From: "Mike, K9UW" <k9uw@wi-net.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 16:38:02 -0500
And I went from the K9AY loop to the Hi-Z 4 square. While the K9AY put more low band DX in the log than the TX antenna did, I seemed to hit a performance plateau after a year or two. The 4 square from Hi-Z was hundreds of dollars less than a similar competing product and the several db of benefit it brought quickly added 20+ countries on 160.

My neighbor permits me to install the 4 square in his hay field in October and I remove it in early April or whenever the ground thaws.

As an intermittent operator, in the shack when family and jobs permit, the Hi-Z has added much to my enjoyment of the low bands and I spend my summers wishing for winter so the array will be back in service.

The Orion likes it too!

73, de Mike, K9UW
Amherst, WI