Re: [TenTec] TenTec Paragon II model 586,

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Paragon II model 586,
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 20:38:19 -0500
The data I provided is from the Tentec alignment procedure for the two radios.

The carrier is not in the middle of the passband of the filter, otherwise if so, one would have a DSB signal not a SSB signal Thus to swap sidebands, the BFO frequency must change to the opposite side of the filter and is placed down the slope some 3 dB to 6 dB.

Carrier frequency + / - the modulated audio frequency produces two sidebands, one of which is eliminated by the filter.

73
Bob, K4TAX

----- Original Message ----- From: "Barry N1EU" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>