[TenTec] Re Ten-Tec Hamfest

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re Ten-Tec Hamfest
From: Jim Miller K4SQR <k4sqr@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 09:06:27 -0400
The only new product I saw was the #278 automatic antenna tuner, rated at 100 watts. It was under the small all band amplifier for the Argo VI & I nearly walked away without examining it due to its tiny size. No other details were available except estimated price of $299.95? No brochures
yet.
Big crowd; largest yet with the flea market expanding further in 3 directions this year. Many many oldie but goodie rigs ie Drake C-line, Drake 7-line, Kenwood 940's, FT-1000's Heath Kit etc.
Great WX both days for Ten-Tec's number 14 years of hamfest..
Then on to SEDCO convention, now known as W4DXCC, which was also largest in attendance, with many great topic speakers.

No talk on a replacement for the Orion II. They sold two _used _O-2's Friday afternoon, and a third _used _O-2 was in the display case Saturday morning, with hamfest reduced price of $3K, $350. less than regular price. Saw a used Centurion Gray color amplifier, reduced to $1750. hamfest price. That is all I recall for now.

Jim K4SQR
Charlotte.